Thursday, September 04, 2008

Snake Rescue



Little kitty brought to my attention this black rat snake on our hill. Every summer we get a few that get tangled up in the erosion control mesh.



So I get out this: my snake rescue kit.




I put the towel over the snake's head basically so it slows him down if he tries to bite. I've never had one try to bite me, but you just never know. Then carefully I cut him free from strings. The first time I tried to cut a snake free, it took 3 of us, now I can do it on my own.




This particular guy was in a mess of mesh, so I decided to move him. You'd think I'd just pick him up with my hands, but this hockey stick will do just fine for today. We move him up to a place at the top of the hill where he is free to leave.


And there ya go!



4 comments:

Juli said...

Don't let Amanda read this!! LMAO! Yeah, i'd have needed some Xanax or something :X

Regi S. said...

Love that ! :*)

*~~*Inger*~~* said...

Dear God woman. You are my personal hero. I freaking hate snakes!

CA Girl in 10-OC said...

Actually I'm proudest of how my boots match the hockey stick.