Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Road Trip

This holiday we took a road trip.



A long road trip.



Yes, with all the kids in the van. For some nice, quality AND quantity, bonding time.



Through wide open, and sometimes quite unremarkable scenery. This scenery was a bit more remarkable than others.




The kids seemed to handle the trip well. For some reason.



Mostly because they stood to receive the pot of Wii gold at Uncle Jay's house. And the less often we had to stop, the faster they could get there.



Awww, can't be homesick for long when Elvis can be found at Legoland!



But here we are, heading home, across the Golden Gate Bridge of the South. Back to the land where all call letters start with W. And all Carl's Jr's become Hardey's. And there is no Del Taco. Or In & Out Burgers.



And gas can still be bought pretty cheaply!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I grew up (and my parents still live) in west Tennessee, but my mother is from Santa Clara, CA. My sisters live in San Diego. I've made that cross country trip no less than 8 times. OMG.. you are one brave woman to do tha with all of your children!
My husband has been begging me to take two weeks off and do the trip again. I just can't do it....

CA Girl in 10-OC said...

It's a long drive but well worth it :) We'll be doing it again this summer, then I think we're going to let everyone come to us for a while!