Friday, March 13, 2009

Behind the Scenes

For Amanda's portraits I didn't use any lighting other than the sun.
The pictures with the black background I took while Amanda stood in my front doorway. I used a piece of black fleece as the background letting it spill out over the front stoop. Next time I do one of these shoots I will put a white sheet or something in front of the door as I have a sisal rug there now and it reflected a subtle tan tone onto everything.

Here is a sample of what many of the pictures looked like right out of the camera.




In order to crop the picture clean with just the black background, I used the clone tool brush in my Paint Shop Pro photo editing software to extend the black back ground area.



Then I was able to crop the photo to an 8" X 10" size with plenty of dark area in the margins.



Isn't digital photography amazing??

No comments: