Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Birding

Well, so lately I've been hearing the birds singing and having a great time outside, that I decided that maybe it would be fun to go photograph a few of them. I mean how fun would that be? Stalking little birds and practicing my telephoto photograph taking techniques?

Well it was the most boring thing EVER! OK, I thought fishing could get boring, but not as boring as waiting for some little bird to decide to come over and get near enough that I could even SEE it to take it's picture.

So, not being the most patient person, I just started taking pictures of things to occupy myself until I did see a bird.

I found these LadyBugs on the climbing rose by the front porch. Can I just say that I'm SO over the cuteness of LadyBugs now? They will be cute again to me when I see them munching on aphids.




Things turning to rust are always fun to photograph....and readily available.


This pine tree in our front yard makes me laugh. About 30 feet up you'll find this. I think it looks like an alien thing. It's also like one of those trick pictures where you have to decide if you see an old woman or a beautiful young girl. Or like 2 faces looking toward each other, or a vase. Because this alien looks could be looking right at you with a snail eye thing, or looking toward the left with a big ear sticking out like Shrek.



More riding toys on our front porch.



Hey look birds! It's a house! By our front door! Let me take your picture!



Oh wait, here comes a bird. A sparrow. Kinda boring.



A bluebird! Spring IS arriving!



Another bird. He looks hungry.


And so do these guys.


Guess I shouldn't have such high expectations that birds will land close enough to photograph with these guys watching.



No comments: