Friday, November 21, 2008

Baking with Butterscotch

This month's Bunko included a cookie exchange. I needed to come up with 6 dozen yummy somethings. Fast, easy and different.
I dug out my Step Mom's family recipes book and this one caught me eye. Not only was it easy, but it noted that it was my sister's favorite, and my sister only likes the most excellent of things, so I decided that this was the thing to make and take.

You will need:

1/2 cup butter
1 package graham crackers (not the whole box)
1 cup chopped walnuts
1 cup butterscotch morsels
1 can coconut (I know right? Who knew coconut even came in a can?)
1 can sweetened condensed milk.
1 9" X 13" baking dish
1 oven at 350*

And here's how you do it:

First you melt the butter in the dish.
Then crumb up the graham crackers.



Put the graham crackers in the dish.


Sprinkle the walnuts over the top.




Sprinkle the butterscotch pieces over that.



Then the coconut goes over that.


And the can of sweetened condensed milk over that.


Pop in the oven for about 25 minutes.

So easy that even a brother can do it.
With out an apron!!



Amazing!!




3 comments:

Regi S. said...

I bet those kids don't even appreciate that kitchen ! Great recipe :)

binx520 said...

Sounds yummy!

CA Girl in 10-OC said...

I love that it's so easy and no mixing bowls or anything to get dirty! Easy to make and easy to clean up later.