Thursday, February 26, 2009

Tennessee In February

I picked green as the color of our house because I knew that the winters would be stark here in Tennessee. I wanted to be able to see SOME green through out the winter.




By the end of February Tennessee has seen plenty of freezing cold weather. So everything tends to turn into one of the many color variations of gold.





Tennessee also has a lot of trees. Trees that drop their leaves creating endless carpets in shades of brown.





The leaves get caught up in everything.




Even the kitty cat blends in with the landscape.



Although even a trumpet vine withered by frost has a redeeming beauty to enjoy.



The holly berries remind me that not all is bad in the doldrums of winter.


For the promise of spring and new growth is all around if we take the time to seek it out, as blossoms waiting for warm sun so they may open await on my cherry tree.




My daffodiles can sense that the days are once again growing longer, and also to be growing warmer.



And plants that will become unwanted in the summer now give me a smile as they are the braviest of all that dare to send out blossoms so soon.



For winter is not over but is certainly just resting.














































No comments: