Thursday, August 21, 2008

ArrrrrrrrrrrrGA

This is my AGA range. It's more like a faux Aga. At least that's what the AGA purists call it. It's an AGA Legacy. Regardless, I love it.

However, it is broken right now.



I guess I could have gone for the REAL AGA. The one that boils and bakes and fries and simmers and steams and grills with just a lit pilot light...always lit.The real AGA's are the lowest tech kitchen appliance there ever was with the exception of the dutch oven in a pile of coals.



But a real AGA stays hot constantly. And in anticipation of this southern heat I just didn't think that sounded very nice. Had I known more about the traditional English (real) AGAs, I could have designed my kitchen with a 12' ceiling over the range, where the heat would rise and not heat up the kitchen. Since our kitchen is literally in a separate wing of the house without a second story above it, it wouldn't have been a problem.



But I wanted gas burners and electric dual convection ovens that had defrost fans and pre-programmed heating cycles and steam heat and dry heat and all that so I could churn out cupcakes and lasagna and gourmet meals I can't pronounce.



But the oven clock stopped working sometime overnight so the ovens won't turn on at all(seriously) and the range needs a new mother board. And it also needs new convection fans and 2 new oven lights.



And today I learned that there are only so many ways to take a picture of an AGA range.

6 comments:

Juli said...

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{AGA}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

pretty teapot :)

Regi S. said...

OK, I'm so sorry I found that whole post funny :X

CA Girl in 10-OC said...

Where's the love girlfriend? Where's the LOVE??

Regi S. said...

I wonder if things would've gone differently for a red or blue one, like I suggested ;D

*~~*Inger*~~* said...

That is just so totally INSANE and UNFAIR!!!!!!! Tell you what. I'll take the AGA and you go for the La Cornue. :-)

CA Girl in 10-OC said...

That sounds like a fair trade Inger!!