Monday, August 11, 2008

Yummy Breakfast Tutorial

Some of my friends have blogs. They are cute and witty and always interesting. They also talk about cooking. My friends like Regi and Juli and Inger. They have it going ON and are taking the blogger world by storm. I'm starting to feel a little left out.

So this morning as I was making myself a hot, nutritious meal, I thought I would join in on all the cooking blog action. Don't get discouraged, I usually don't make breakfast things as complicated as I did this particular morning, but you can file it away for another time if you like.

First, go turn on your computer. My computer takes forEVA to start up and there is nothing more frustrating than having my hot tea or coffee go cold before I can read my first email in the morning.

Then here is what you will need to make breakfast:



I know, Apple Cinnamon oatmeal. I LOVE to live crazy like that.
Yes people, I have kids. Our last 2 glass bowls are reserved for guests



This part gets tricky, but tear open the package, (I tear from the left side because I'm right handed) and then pour into the bowl .



Oops, I made a little mess there. Don't fret about that, it's good not to worry too much about perfection when you're cooking.

This part, adding water is really crucial. I think on the package of oatmeal it tells you how much water to put in, but I just wing it. Just like Grandma used to do in the old country (Bakersfield). Now you CAN heat water up on the stove, but I use this InstaHot here on my sink. I know the traditionalists will hate that, but come on, it's the 21st century, open your mind.


Now you pick up your spoon and stir it around a bit. I usually stir with my right hand, but I had to take the picture. You can use whichever hand you are more comfortable with.

Make sure all the oatmeal gets wet.

Looking pretty good.

Almost there...

...wait about 5 minutes and WaLa!

I know this is a lot of work for a weekday morning. But if you discipline yourself enough you will be able to get out of bed almost effortlessly and have hot breakfasts like this when ever you want.

Enjoy!







7 comments:

Juli said...

ROFLMAO!!! You're insane, Hambilly!

*~~*Inger*~~* said...

LMAO!!!!!!! I'll have to try that tomorrow morning!!!

binx520 said...

ROFLMAO!!!!!!

Regi S. said...

A gourmet too ! You got it going on girl. May I suggest, and I mean this seriously, adding some instant grits to your oatmeal, OMG ! It's a little more complicated but the texture can't be beat :D

CA Girl in 10-OC said...

Grits! Think I live in TN or something?

Lara said...

Did somebody say GRITS? I loooooooooooove grits. I'm not sure how to make them, though. Can you do another tutorial? This one was just so informative. ;)

Anonymous said...

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!! Have you tried tearing right to left yet? Does it make a difference in the consistancy? ;)