Wednesday, August 06, 2008

They're Going Baaaaaaaaack!!



It's the most, wonderful time of the year.
The leaves are all falling,
The school bell is calling,
And folks of good cheer!
It's the most, wonderful time of the year~

Yes, it's soon to be that time again. Time to put on all those scratchy new clothes, pack up the new backpack with the brand new crayons that still have sharp points and all the paper wrapped around them. The binders, the book covers, the rulers, the pencils, the white board markers. Time to get up with the sun and trudge that whole 100' feet to the end of the driveway to wait for that big yellow school bus to be whisked off to new classrooms, new teachers, new student lists on the door. Isn't it grand?


Oh you homeschool moms just shush. There's no need to wonder how on Earth I can send my little lovelies to be taught life lessons by perfect strangers. Strangers who studied through at least 5 years of college and testing and teacher credentialling just be able to teach my 2nd grader math. So wonder no more. It's easy. It's called fly out the nest little ones and return to me each afternoon to tell me all about it. All about your new friends, your old friends, your new grade teacher, your cafeteria lady, your art teacher, your Spanish teacher, your theater teacher, your music teacher (ya their little school has lots of teachers) and I'll tell you all about how I got to do laundry and Lego pick ups and dishes and sweeping and eating my lunch in peace and quiet for the first time in 10 weeks.

Such a glorious time.

Oh and Amanda is laughing at Jonathan because she doesn't start school for another year yet.

3 comments:

Juli said...

ROFLMAOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love that pic :*)

Regi S. said...

Oh you homeschool moms just shush

LMAO !! If I homeschooled I'd end up doing more damage than the worst public school could :X

*~~*Inger*~~* said...

I.Can't.Wait.
9/2/08